July 27, 2021 | 2 min read time
Wonderful Partners With The Retail Mutual To Support Businesses
Wonderful client, The Retail Mutual is seeking to help independent retailers grow their businesses and encourage the use of technology to adapt to the changes that have taken place in consumer’s behaviour. With growth as a core value, we felt compelled to work in partnership to help deliver guidance and advice to the retail community.
The Retail Mutual is dedicated to providing business cover and a range of additional products and services that benefit the independent retail community. It exists to help give retailers peace of mind and is passionate about protecting the independent retail businesses on our high streets.
It is well documented that the pandemic rapidly accelerated the change in shopping habits with a dramatic move to eCommerce & online purchasing through both necessity and preference. Many independent retailers are thinking about how they can encourage customers back onto the high street and are also looking at how they can benefit from the new order.
Rob Gibbs, Marketing Manager for The Retail Mutual, explains:
Thanks to modern technology, it has never been easier to access information from anywhere in the world. Businesses that do not embrace digital, or any type of marketing for that matter, will find themselves struggling to compete.
To help, The Retail Mutual has launched its Stronger Business, Stronger Future campaign to help independent business owners get the most out of their digital marketing to attract more customers and increase on and offline sales.
The business cover provider partnered with our digital agency to help craft a guide which offers simple, yet practical and actionable advice to help independent 'underdog' brands compete with larger brands in the digital space.
This guide includes information on:
- SEO – How to improve your website so that it has a better chance of being found online
- Google My Business – A free way for your local community to find your business online
- Social Media – How to make the most of social media for your business
- Paid search – What it is and how PPC / paid search can work for your business
- Paid social – How advertising on social media can help you find new customers
- Video – Use video to promote your business and engage your customers
- eCommerce – How to use your website to sell your products
- Reporting and monitoring – Find out if your marketing is working by measuring data
- Bringing offline, online... Use traditional marketing to drive online sales
Jon Taylor, Mutual Manager for The Retail Mutual, says:
The Retail Mutual exists to support its Members. First and foremost, this involves protecting their businesses from risk. Many independent retailers face commercial risks which may be addressed, at least in part, through greater use of the many digital channels now available to them. This guide seeks to arm them with the information to help on this journey.
The Making the Most of Digital Marketing guide is available to download on The Retail Mutual’s website here.
If you'd like to discuss any of the tactics and practices in the guide, why not get in touch and let one of our digital experts explore the challenges your business is facing?